Small to medium-sized accountancy firms with limited budgets could reap great rewards by investing time and money in the right social media tools. After all, creating a solid online presence is essential for any firm keen to compete toe-to-toe with its rivals – and, of course, attract new customers.
Common questions include:
- Which tools are best for their industry?
- How will they find time to use said tools?
- What (if any) costs will be involved?
In this guide, we’ll compare the best social media tools for accountants in 2022 – so you don’t have to.
#1 Sprout: great for all-in-one management
Time isn’t on your side if you run a small accountancy firm. So how are you going to create and post bespoke content across multiple platforms in addition to other essential marketing and business activities?
With Sprout you can:
- Use Sprout’s analytic function to manage user engagement
- Manage up to 10 social media accounts – including Meta, Twitter, and Instagram
- Use the platform’s inbuilt social calendar
- Schedule posts so you never forget
And that’s just the top-level benefits. Of all the best social media tools for accountants in 2022, Sprout stands out – especially as you get a free 30-day trial to road test the app before committing.
# Get better insight by signing up to Hootsuite
Hootsuite is known for its intelligent tracking and analytics tools which give accountant firms deeper insight into user engagement and behaviour – meaning they can tweak their social media strategy to better meet audience wants and needs.
With Hootsuite you can:
- As with Sprout, manage up to 10 social profiles from one easy location with the basic plan
- Enjoy limitless scheduling (although this is restricted to one user)
- Take advantage of the tool’s inbuilt calendar functionality
Depending on your requirements you can upgrade to the Team plan which gives you 20 social profiles and unlimited scheduling for up to three users.
Of all the best social media tools for accountants in 2022, this one leads the curve when it comes to understanding user behaviour and engagement.
#3 Zoho: Everything your accountancy firm needs in one location
Zoho is a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system that allows firms to manage everything in one simple location – including projects, accounting, and email too. It can be fully integrated with other popular social platforms or work on a standalone basis – whichever you prefer.
Zoho lets you:
- Create and schedule posts across all major social platforms
- Provides concise analytic reporting to give you essential user insight
- Includes a Bitly URL integration and shortener tool as standard
- A free plan that offers basic functionality if the budget is limited
As all-in-one systems go Zoho deserves its third place position on our list of best social media tools for accountants in 2022.
#4 Large teams? Then maybe Loomly is the way to go
If your accountancy firm employs 30 people or more then Loomly could be the solution you’ve been looking for. Suitable for larger teams that need to collaborate it comes packed with all the tools you’ll ever need – including analytics, automated publishing, and a post preview feature.
As if that wasn’t enough you can:
- Post content without limit
- Track user interactions
- Sponsor posts
The only downside is that you have to buy Loomly’s top-tier plan to enjoy all these benefits. But they do give you 15 days to make up your mind. Although there are better social media tools for accountants in 2022 this one is ideal for larger firms.
#5 Buffer: ideal for small firms with limited marketing budgets
Are high subscription costs putting you off social media management tools? Then you might like Buffer. Even with its free plan you get three social profiles but can upgrade for less than £5.00 to enjoy unlimited users and access.
Buffer gives you:
- Optimises tags and hashtags across platforms
- 14-days to make up your mind
- Includes a post scheduler
- Has an inbuilt link shortening tool
#5 Semrush: generate ideas, research keywords, and track performance
Semrush is an all-in-one social media tool designed to streamline social media content management. Suitable for small firms, influencers, bloggers, and marketing agencies it prevents duplication – so you won’t have to repeat the same activities across your various channels.
Invest in Semrush to take advantage of its:
- Content planning toolkit – meaning you’ll never be stuck for ideas again
- Keyword research tool – so you compete using the best words and phrases
- Scheduling feature – which automates posting to save you time
#6 Hubspot: an all-in-one Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool
Introducing Hubspot: a tool that lets you schedule posts, track mentions of your brand and keep a watchful eye on the competition. Although hard to configure and master the platform can pay dividends in the long-term – so is worth investing time in.
Sign up to Hubspot and:
- Receive notifications when posts are liked, added to favourites, or shared
- Compare top-performing competitor posts side-by-side
- Get insightful metrics into your best posts
With such a bewildering choice of social media tools for accountants in 2022 which one should you choose? One thing is for certain: any of the items mentioned in this list will save you time and require only minimal investment (some even offer a free basic package).
But if you prefer the human touch why not get in touch with Boss Digital. With proven experience helping businesses like yours to nail their social media strategy we’re perfectly positioned to help.
Book a free call with one of our consultants and take the first step.