Engaging With Your Audience
In the dynamic landscape of digital marketing, social media engagement is a powerful tool for law firms seeking to build strong relationships with their audience. By actively participating in social conversations and connecting with clients and prospects, law firms can establish trust and credibility while fostering an online community. In this blog post, we’ll explore tips for building relationships and engaging your law firm’s social media audience.
1. Responding to Comments and Messages:
Engaging with your audience is crucial for creating a sense of community and showing that you value their input. Here’s how to effectively respond to comments and messages:
- Timely Responses: Respond promptly to comments and direct messages to demonstrate your commitment to communication.
- Personalisation: Personalise your responses by addressing individuals by name and acknowledging their specific questions or comments.
- Professional Tone: Maintain a professional and courteous tone in all interactions, even when addressing negative feedback or enquiries.
2. Using Relevant Hashtags:
Hashtags are essential for increasing the visibility of your content and connecting with a broader audience. Use these tips to make the most of hashtags:
- Research: Research popular and trending legal industry hashtags, as well as those relevant to your firm’s specific practice areas.
- Create Unique Hashtags: Develop branded or unique hashtags related to your campaigns, events, or initiatives.
- Don’t Overdo It: Use hashtags strategically, focusing on quality over quantity, and avoid overloading your posts with them.
Norton Rose Fulbright created their unique hashtag, #lawaroundtheworld. This encouraged their employees from all over the world to share images across different social platforms, showcasing the diversity of their workforce and their company’s vast community.
3. Running Contests and Giveaways:
Contests and giveaways are a fun and effective way to boost engagement and reward your audience. Here’s how to run them successfully:
- Set Clear Rules: Clearly define the rules, entry methods, and the duration of the contest or giveaway.
- Incentives: Offer appealing prizes that resonate with your target audience.
- Promote Widely: Promote your contest or giveaway across all your social media platforms to maximise participation.
4. Leveraging Employee Advocacy:
Your employees can be valuable advocates for your law firm on social media. Encourage them to share firm-related content and become brand ambassadors. Here’s how to leverage employee advocacy:
- Training: Provide your employees with guidelines and training on effective and responsible social media use.
- Content Sharing: Encourage employees to share relevant firm updates, articles, and events on their personal profiles.
- Recognition: Acknowledge and appreciate employees who actively participate in advocacy.
5. Showcase Expertise and Insights:
Demonstrating your legal expertise is a potent way to engage your audience. Share valuable insights through informative content such as articles, blog posts, and legal explainers. Consider:
- Legal Updates: Stay up-to-date with legal developments and share your perspectives on their implications.
- Educational Content: Offer informative content that helps your audience understand complex legal concepts.
- Webinars and Q&A Sessions: Host webinars and Q&A sessions to engage directly with your audience and answer their legal questions.
6. Promote Interactive Content:
Interactive content, such as polls, quizzes, and surveys, encourages audience participation and enhances engagement. Try these ideas:
- Legal Quizzes: Create fun and informative quizzes related to common legal issues.
- Ask for Opinions: Pose thought-provoking questions and encourage your audience to share their views in the comments.
- Feedback Surveys: Request feedback from your audience on your services, content, or events.
Baker McKenzie post polls on LinkedIn in order to encourage audience engagement. Their polls also serve as an effective market research tool, as they often ask their B2B audience about challenges their businesses face.
Building your online community through social media engagement is a multifaceted effort that involves active participation, genuine communication, and the delivery of valuable content. By responding to comments and messages, using relevant hashtags, running contests and giveaways, leveraging employee advocacy, showcasing expertise, and promoting interactive content, law firms can foster a strong and engaged social media audience. These strategies not only build trust and relationships but also establish your firm as a valuable resource in the legal industry.