When it comes to influencer marketing, what springs to mind? For many, it’s teen TikTok stars, beauty bloggers and fitness gurus – but this merely scratches the surface. Influencers exist in every industry and can make for an invaluable tool for your business. Influencer marketing for law firms is quickly becoming popular as companies look for innovative ways to build trust and differentiate themselves in the crowded legal industry.
And whilst influencer marketing can bring invaluable benefits to your law firm, to optimise your campaigns, you need to have a watertight strategy underpinning everything you do. In this post, we’ll be covering some of the influencer marketing basics, including tips for getting started, the importance of strategy and the secret to getting the most out of your campaigns.
Getting started with influencer marketing for law firms
Before we get caught up in the specifics of influencer marketing for law firms, let’s first begin by defining exactly what it is, why it’s important and a few tips for getting started. For a more in-depth explanation of how to effectively kick-start influencer marketing for your law firm, keep an eye out for our influencer marketing series coming soon.
What is influencer marketing for law firms?
In a nutshell, influencer marketing is a form of social media marketing that uses well-known and trusted figures from specific industries to promote products, services, events and more. Influencers can be anyone from athletes and celebrities to thought leaders, keynote speakers and CEOs – pretty much anyone who has a big enough following and enough leverage to influence the actions of others.
Why is influencer marketing important
No matter what industry you operate within, one thing remains true: people buy from people. And for service-based businesses, like law firms, where organisations are essentially selling expertise, this statement becomes even more accurate.
With a rise in social media usage (that’s showing no signs of slowing) traditional word-of-mouth marketing is quickly being taken over, with recommendations from friends and family being phased out by advice from trusted influencers. And that defines one of the reasons influencer marketing is so successful. Clients no longer want to be overwhelmed by paid advertising and features and benefits, instead, they want to hear from real people who they can trust and relate to. These people are influencers.
Tips for getting started
As mentioned earlier, we’ll cover getting started with influencer marketing in detail in our blog series, but in the meantime, be sure to check out the tips below and head to our ultimate guide to influencer marketing to unlock more advice and actionable insights.
- Define clear goals and metrics to monitor progress
- Research your target audience and their preferred social media platforms
- Get to grips with top legal influencers within your field and assess their relevance to your target audience and offering
- Set expectations from day one
- Don’t be afraid to let influencers have some input (but be sure they are aware of your brand guidelines
The importance of strategy for influencer marketing
As with anything in life, if you start with a plan, detailing a clear route to your goal destination and checkpoints along the way, nine times out of ten you’ll find your journey is far more efficient and effective.
When devising an influencer marketing strategy for your law firm, you need to consider a few key areas. We’ll outline each briefly below, but as above, look out for the next instalment in our influencer marketing series for more detail.
Influencer marketing strategy guide for law firms
- Define your goals and key metrics
- Research legal influencers and your target audience
- Set your budget and project timeline
- Outline your communication plan
- Collaborate to plan and execute your campaigns
- Repurpose content
- Track performance and update strategy accordingly
Tips for getting the most out of your campaigns
Influencer marketing is highly effective providing you know what you’re doing. Thankfully, we’re here to help you get to grips with some of the basic tips and tricks for getting the most out of every influencer partnership. Again, check out our ultimate guide or keep an eye out for the next instalment of our influencer marketing mini-series to unlock a more in-depth insight into the world of influencer marketing, but for now, here are a few tips to tide you over.
- Define your campaign objectives clearly to set direction and monitor your progress – don’t be afraid to make changes as you progress
- Leverage your influencers’ sector and social media knowledge and expertise
- Manage expectations from the get-go to avoid any misunderstandings
- Don’t be fooled by the numbers – smaller influencers can have just as much (if not more) impact
- Ensure every collaboration aligns with your brand
- Repurpose content across multiple platforms and channels
Naturally, the best campaigns will come from experience, so if you are looking for a helping hand with your influencer marketing campaigns, get in touch to organise a free consultation and uncover how we can help you to build and maintain powerful partnerships.